The word “Prime,” which is defined as being the best, or at the top, is a natural fit for the Prius model as it’s the most technologically advanced, best-equipped Toyota Prius in the model’s nearly two-decade global history. With the power to run in either EV or hybrid driving modes, Prius Prime strikes a harmonious balance between necessity and desire.
New upgrades for 2020 include:
- New 5th seat for even more room
- Standard Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM® and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Two additional 2.1A USB ports for the rear passengers
- Black interior accents to replace previous white accents for a more premium feel
- A new sun visor extender
- A relocation of seat heater buttons for front seat passengers for easier usability
- New grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited Grades
Prius Prime is the most efficient Toyota hybrid yet. When the electric charge goes out, Prius Prime has an EPA-estimated 54 combined mpg. Designed with intelligent tech, premium materials and thoughtful engineering, Prius Prime represents the next step of Toyota’s continuous quest to reach more efficient mobility with less range-anxiety—without compromise. With its EPA-estimated 640-mile total driving range and 25-mile EV Mode20 driving range, Prius Prime continues to raise the efficiency bar to help challenge what’s possible. The powertrain is a Toyota first, thanks to a dual-motor drive system that improves acceleration in EV Mode for a fun drive. Prius Prime is also great for commuters as its HOV-approved as a single-occupant green vehicle in some states such as California and New Jersey.
Wondering how much you can really save with Prius Prime? Enter your one-way commute mileage, and we’ll crunch the numbers and estimate the annual savings and benefits you may see by commuting with Prius Prime, click here.