- New exterior color for 2021 TRD Pro models
- 4Runner takes the spotlight with all-new LEDs
- 4Runner TRD Pro outfitted with new wheels and re-tuned shocks
- Trail Special Editions on the horizon for this fall
PLANO, Texas (July 8, 2020) – With a striking new debut, TRD Pro models are carrying on the color tradition with the introduction of Lunar Rock for 2021. Replacing Army Green in the TRD Pro color pallet, Lunar Rock will turn heads as customers enjoy all the on and off-road features the lineup offers. First unveiled in 2014, the TRD Pro lineup was born from Toyota’s rich racing and off-road heritage. All TRD Pro vehicles offer unique styling, as well as highly capable, tried and tested performance off-road equipment, specifically tailored for when the pavement runs out.
4Runner Seen in a New Light
Some might say the eyes are the window to the soul, and the 2021 4Runner’s purpose and position has never been clearer with the introduction of LED lights to the lineup. A first for the 4Runner lineup, all grades will now have LED headlamps as standard equipment. Limited, Nightshade and TRD Pro grades will also receive LED high beams. All grades will also have LED fog lights as standard equipment, with TRD Pro maintaining its current RIGID LED fog lamps in 2021.
New Boots to Match
The TRD Pro badge on any Toyota truck or SUV signifies the brand’s most off-road-capable vehicles. Adding to the 4Runner TRD Pro makeover, the 2021 model brings in new black TRD alloy flow form wheels wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler tires. Stronger and more rigid, these wheels have taken DNA cues from the current style to keep the family look while offering a more aggressive spoke design and deeper dish. The switch to flow form also allows for unique adjustments in other areas to increase ride handling and performance, specifically shock absorber tuning. Completing the list of changes for 2021, the 4Runner TRD Pro includes re-tuned 2.5-inch Fox Internal Bypass Shocks to help complement its already off-road-capable hardware. Delivering the best of both worlds, this tuning provides an improvement in trail driving isolation and high-speed performance without compromising on-road comfort and steering response. The front Fox shocks are paired with TRD-tuned coil springs, yielding an inch of front lift for improved trail-tackling capability. Out back, the 2.5-inch Fox shocks also feature piggyback-style remote reservoirs to maintain damping performance in the most demanding off-road terrain. Overall, Toyota’s mantra of “Let’s Go Places” has never been more realized.
Trail Special Editions: Carry In, Carry Out in Style
Toyota truck buyers love the great outdoors, and in fact, Toyota trucks sit at the top of their segments for owners who participate in outdoor activities like camping, fishing, and hiking. Toyota introduced the 2021 Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner Trail Special Editions at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this year, with an emphasis on extra storage, convenience, unique styling and exclusive content added for good measure.
Available starting fall of this year, all three 2021 Toyota Trails are based on the SR5 grade models to deliver high value, and they also offer the choice of 2WD or 4WD. The Tacoma Trail is built on the SR5 Double Cab, and the Tundra Trail is based on the SR5 Crew Max with SR5 Upgrade Package (larger fuel tank, front bucket seats with driver’s power lumbar support, front center console, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, three front cupholders, and an anti-theft system with alarm and engine immobilizer).
Available Trail color choices include Army Green, Cement, Midnight Black Metallic, and Super White, and feature black exterior badging, black seating and a unique tan accent stitch. In all versions, standard all-weather floor liners help catch the outdoor elements that come in on occupants’ feet. From there, each Trail model has its own unique set of upgrades:
- The 2021 Tacoma Trail features a set of Dark Gray 16-inch TRD Off-Road wheels with Kevlar All-Terrain tires, and the grille from the Tacoma Limited adds a custom touch. A 115-volt power outlet in the bed adds versatility, and lockable bed storage includes insulation on the driver side to double as a cooler.
- The Tundra Trail wears the bold chrome grille from the top-of-line Tundra 1794 Edition with color-keyed surround, plus special-edition wheels. As on the Tacoma Trail, lockable bed storage includes insulation on the driver side to work as a cooler.
- The 4Runner Trail comes ready to carry campers into the woods with dark gray TRD Off-Road wheels, and a Yakima LoadWarrior rooftop cargo basket for added utility and gear-hauling capability. Inside, 4Runner boasts a custom 40-quart cooler and sliding cargo tray.
Stay tuned for pricing information coming soon.